It was my grandmother’s birthday yesterday the 18 and I decided to make her a banana nut cake. I went for vegan because I didn’t want to use up the eggs we have.
It smelled stupendous in the oven and out!
I had leftover frosting from the strawberry cupcakes and used it for half of it cause my aunt wanted it, but my mom didn’t. Not bad!
It had so many walnuts, I loved it! Left some unfrosted pieces for my vegan cousin. I used whole wheat flour, brown sugar, almond milk instead of water and added ground flax seed.
Ingredients serves 12
• 2 cups flour (I used whole wheat)
• 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup sugar (I used brown sugar)
• 1/4 cup oil
• 4 ripe bananas , mashed (I used 3 large)
• 1/4 cup water (I used 3/4 cup almond milk)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
I added 1/4 cup ground flax seed
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt and ground flax seed. In a separate large bowl, whisk together the sugar and oil, then add bananas. Add milk and vanilla, stirring to combine.
3. Add the flour mixture, stirring just until wet.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Adapted from Food.com
Frosting from here