My cinco de mayo vegan margarita cupcakes minus the frosting which was with cream cheese and whipped cream.
Made 12 standard size cupcakes and 9 mini cupcakes. The recipe is for 12, but since I added extra tequila it made more.
I bathed them in tequila lol. I brushed on the tops before frosting them.
The mini cupcake above a shot glass 😍
Standard cupcake with one type of piping job. The typical one I use.
I did a new piping job that I saw on Cupcake Wars. I’m liking this one, might be my new fav.
Loving this new frosting!
Moist, as you can see.
(from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World)
• 1/4 cup lime juice
• 1 1/2 tsp lime zest (1 lime)
• 1 cup soy milk (plain or vanilla) (I used almond milk)
• 1/4 cup vegetable oil
• 2 tsp tequila (I used 1/2 cup)
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour (I used whole wheat)
• 1/4 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 350F. Fill a 12-cup muffin tin with liners.
In a large bowl, mix together lime juice, lime zest, soy milk, oil , tequila, vanilla and sugar.
In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add to lime mixture and stir until just combined. Divide evenly into muffin tins.
Bake for 20-24 minutes, until a tester comes out clean and the cakes spring back when lightly pressed.
Turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
Adapted from HWTM blog
• 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (I used about 7oz)
• 1 cup white sugar (used 3/4 cup)
• 1/8 teaspoon salt (used a dash)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (1/4 lime)
• 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream (8oz whipped cream)
Added lime zest and about 1 tbsp tequila.
In a small bowl beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form; set aside.
In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, salt and vanilla. Beat until smooth, then fold in whipped cream.
Adapted from allrecipes