My friend was having a Getty at her house Saturday night and I decided I would bring some cupcakes. I would bring 6 dulce de leche and make 6 of another kind, I went with almond.
Didn’t quite get 6, more like 5 3/4.
That almond smell was very nice.
I used some of the leftover whipped frosting and added some almond extract to it. Frosted the cupcakes then added some almond slices.
They were a bit dry, since the original recipe was for 24. If I make 6 in the future, I’ll replace some of the butter with oil.
I used turbinado raw sugar, egg whites, aluminum free baking powder, Himalayan pink salt, gluten free brown rice flour and almond milk.
• 3/4 cup butter
• 1 1/2 cups sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 2 1/2 cups flour
• 1 1/4 cups milk
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cream butter at medium speed until smooth, add sugar and beat until well.
3. Add two eggs, beat until smooth.
4. Dump in the rest of your ingredients (you can whisk the dry ones together in a separate bowl first as way to “quick-sift” them) and beat until nice and smooth.
5. Fill cupcake liners (or greased tins) 2/3 full, bake until golden brown (about 20 minutes, depending on your oven).
6. Makes 24 regular size or approx 10 jumbo size.
Adapted from food.com